Get a pad and pen and write: “On your way out the door” at the top. Then, everything that you cannot pack and load the day before, you put on this list to grab and load on your way out the door. For example, I’m leaving for my sister’s place tomorrow so my “on the way out the door” list looks like this:
- laptop (no need for charger as I have a second one in the car)
- 2 comforters
- toiletries bag
- cell phone
- cell phone charger
- contact lenses and eyeglasses and other health essentials
- valid forms of identifiction (passport, conference pass, driver license, etc.)
What’s your purpose
visualize yourself at your event, DRESSED FROM HEAD TO TOE (Toe’s particularly important – dont forget the dress shoes) and make sure it is ALL PACKED NOW
- things for a particular day (e.g., I’m giving a speech on Tuesday, so I need…)
What subscriptions/autoships come to your current address?
pause/ cancel them or forward them…
- cell phone (and charger) (and bluetooth?)
- laptop (and power supply), and keyboard and mouse
- underwear (a biggie!)
- laundry bag
Weather-sensitive things (in the place you are going …)
- warm hats
- long underwear
- moxibustion device
- contact lenses!
- sleeping bag
- hobby activities (guitar, neureka, etc)
- certain books?
Shut down dwellings
- turn off electricity
- turn off alarms
Fridge? Bathroom? Bedroom?
- Grab whatever you may have left in there
- Is there something you normally do in Cyberspace that will suffer while you are taking your trip? Perhaps a daily task??? Here, let’s dont be so vague. How about your Go games at Online-Go and your various online businesses?
- Double-check this list once you think you are ready to go.
- Put suitcase in vehicle!
- Turn on Vacation Autoresponder
- grab the computer you are reading this on, get the charger for it and the charger for the phone (that is normally bedside). check your pockets, then jet!